Beyond the Box…
4D Library v27 is now shipping
Take advantage of the fantastic ArchiCAD release 27. The 4D Library has been throughly tested and is already shipping. If you are a 4D Library subscriber, simply go to the downloads page, install and you're ready to go.
A few key features
Doors and Windows
Eye Opening Parts
Here's Why it Make Sense
Made for Australia
A Complete Solution
The 4D Library benefits:
- Focus on documentation, so that the transition from design model to documentation model is easier and more efficient than using standard ArchiCAD libraries, leading to increased productivity (and fewer headaches). The 4D Library has been created by Architectural Documenters, focusing on the documents not just the ‘Pretty 3D’. This means there are many more options for getting the model ‘just right’
- The 4D Library contains over 300 high quality parametric library parts. Many of which would be selling for $100 + from an online store
- Full suite of highly parametric Doors and Windows. Almost any shape, or configuration is possible
- A full suite of cabinetry and plumbing objects. Quickly and easily model your wet areas and kitchens etc using these highly parametric parts
- Site tools that aid in the calculation of site averaging, slab setouts, building envelope display, site coverage calculations and more.
- Roof accessory tool instant for gutters, ridge caps and FULL gable ends.
- Slab accessory tools for automatically generated footings, thickenings and buildups, variable on each edge. Now includes the ability to create waffle slabs
- Most other 3rd Party tools will no longer be required
- In many instances, 4D library objects promote simpler work methods, more options and the elimination of many “workarounds” that may otherwise be required with standard library objects.
- Many 4D library objects contain automated documentation notes which are globally controlled by model view option settings, scale sensitivity and/or individual switching. Many offices find the automatic notes generated in the library parts are all they need
- All 4D library objects are capable of reflecting localised drafting and building standards
- The Library is set out in a logical and easy to navigate Folder list, to avoid endless searching for basic components
- Tools that extend the capabilities of ArchiCAD, like zone sizes, Area Calculations as well as the Air Movement, Electrical Legend and Site Tools
A Bit of Background
The "4D Library" name has been in operation for over 15 years, and before this was known as the 3dEdge library. The 3dEdge library started out as new toolset for a local design and construct firm as well as an in-house library for an Architectural designer, to transforming into the 4D Library and the leading 3rd party ArchiCAD library in Australia. The 4D Library has many hundreds of users through out Australia, and an ever-growing user base. Although it is yet to be actively marketed, the 4D Library has survived and thrived on "word of mouth" only.
The 4D library has been tailored specifically for the Australian market. All the parts have been constructed first and foremost with local conditions and standards in mind. With special tools to help comply with the National Construction Codes (Air movement and Light - Access and Egress - Electrical Wattage - Stormwater dispersal and more). Maybe more importantly, not only does the 4D Library speed up the production of your office documents, it will dramatically increase the accuracy and co-ordination of your ArchiCAD model.. by minimising the use of 2d workarounds, you can create complete 3D models and get the benefits of the 3D BIM process
The 4D Library has tools and objects that can be used in every area of your project, with over 300 major parametric objects, most firms find they rarely need to go outside the 4D Library for their documentation. Having said all that we are constantly updating, improving and adding to the library. These updates are driven by the user base, helping to create an even better product..
The 4D Library is the perfect addition to your BIM tool kit. We plan to keep the Library going from strength to strength as ArchiCAD itself continues its fantastic growth in the Australian market.
For more General information, go to the general features page Library Benefits